If you’re on the verge of adulthood and you feel like you have no idea what ‘adulting’ is, you might want to check out some of these books. Here’s a list of some daunting “grown up” books that range from self help to finance:
- Rich dad poor dad– I had to start with a personal finance book because lets face it, us millennials have no idea where to start with personal finances. This book was written quiet a while ago but its still relevant and easy to read. I read this book when I was 15 and I still re-read it every year to freshen up. It does a great job of introducing you to the relationship you’ll want to have with your money
- The life changing magic of tidying up– One of my all time favorites! (it pleases my inner Monica Geller) if you want to go into adulthood having a healthy relationship with the objects you buy, this is the one for you. Marie Kondo has a wealth of knowledge on efficient cleaning/ tidying methods that actually make a huge difference in helping you maintain a clear mind and a happy living space.
- The 48 laws of power– ‘nuff said. Learning how powerful people work doesn’t necessarily mean you have to employ these tactics, but it’s important to recognize them when they’re being used on you.
- Girl Boss– This one is popular for a reason; if you wanna know to grow a business with little capital on the internet, this is your go to. A great read, regardless if you wanna go into business or not.
- 5 Love languages– Another popular one. This book will help you understand communication in relationships (not just romantic ones). You can never go wrong with learning how to effectively communicate your love to the people most important to you.
- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life– A book about female sexuality; A super insightful read regardless if you’re sexually active or not.
- Freakonomics– Literally one of the most interesting books ever created. If you’re an econ geek like me or just wanna know the hidden economics of how the world works, this will be a good read for you. This is one of those books that you can never unread.
- How to win friends and influence people– Similar to the 48 laws of power but with its own twist. This teaches you how to navigate the tricky world of making fiends or networking.
- The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer– A sciency approach to health and wellness. A perfect read to get informed about your health.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ– Emotional health is just as important physical health. You’re never too young to tend to your emotional well being and this book is just the place to start.
Ok, so that’s my round up of ‘grown up’ books. I hope you enjoyed and that this helped you to realize that books about life and self improvement are not just for adults. You can prepare for the life you want, you don’t have to wait for it.